Registration Deadlines and Election Dates
- Voter Registration Deadline: 30 Days Before Election Day
- Registration Deadline: October 11, 2016
- Election Day: November 8, 2016
What Type of ID Do I Need to Register?
What Type of ID Do I Need to Vote?
- Current and valid photo ID issued by the federal government or the State of Ohio (driver’s licenses and non-driver photo IDs issued by the Ohio BMV are acceptable even if the address does not match the address on the voter’s registration.)
- Military ID that shows the voter’s name.
- A copy or original of a current utility bill (including a cell phone bill), bank statement, paycheck, government check or other government document (including those issued by a public college or university) that shows the voter’s name and current address (but not a notice of an election or a voter registration notification sent by a Board of Elections).
How Can I Vote?
Early In Person
Registered voters have the right to vote early in person or absentee by mail without an excuse. Early in-person voting begins 28 days before Election Day and runs up to Election Day.
Absentee By Mail
- An electronic application to vote absentee by mail and a PDF application that may be printed are available at the Secretary of State’s website.
- Mailed applications must be received by your county board of elections by noon on the third day before the election.
- The completed absentee ballot must be received by the close of polls on Election Day.
On Election Day
The polls are open between 6:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.