Registration Deadlines and Election Dates
- Voter Registration Deadline: 30 Days Before Election Day
- Registration Deadline: October 11, 2016
- Election Day: November 8, 2016
What Type of ID Do I Need to Register?
What Type of ID Do I Need to Vote?
- Current and valid photo ID issued by the federal government or the State of Ohio (driver’s licenses and non-driver photo IDs issued by the Ohio BMV are acceptable even if the address does not match the address on the voter’s registration.)
- Military ID that shows the voter’s name.
- A copy or original of a current utility bill (including a cell phone bill), bank statement, paycheck, government check or other government document (including those issued by a public college or university) that shows the voter’s name and current address (but not a notice of an election or a voter registration notification sent by a Board of Elections).
How Can I Vote?
Early In Person
Registered voters have the right to vote early in person or absentee by mail without an excuse. Early in-person voting begins the day after the close of voter registration until the day before Election Day. Check with your local board of elections for dates and hours.
Absentee By Mail
- An electronic application to vote absentee by mail and a PDF application that may be printed are available at the Secretary of State’s website.
- Mailed applications must be received by your county board of elections by noon on the third day before the election.
- The completed absentee ballot must be received by the close of polls on Election Day.
On Election Day
The polls are open between 6:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.